Vegan Agility is community supported. Purchases made through links on our site may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Delicious Pineapple Juice For Weight Loss
with detailed pineapple juicing guide
By: Vegan Agility Team Last updated: December 5, 2020
Weight loss and weight management are constantly at the forefront of many people’s minds, especially as the season’s change and the sun’s rays are felt more often. We put together this tasty pineapple juice for weight loss to support those trying to achieve personal fitness goals, for people who are cutting the pounds for that next summer holiday, or simply for those who trying to shed the unwanted weight to get back to their healthier selves.
There are multiple ways to begin losing weight, but juicing has to be one of the simplest and no doubt tastiest ways to begin getting your weight management back on track.
Juicing has been shown to help decrease cravings, reduce the risk of obesity, lower blood pressure, and bring some much-needed balance to your digestive system.
The key ingredients in this pineapple juice recipe were chosen based on their nutritional benefits that research has shown can aid in losing some of that unwanted weight in a tasty drink.
Ingredients and scientific benefits of our pineapple juice for weight loss
- Pineapple, while being one of the most delicious fruits in the world is also one of the healthiest. It has a comprehensive range of essential nutrients and is especially high in anti-inflammatory enzymes, particularly bromelain. Bromelain has been shown to aid in preventing inflammation as well as protein metabolization. The process of metabolizing protein results in a caloric burn, therefore a little less weight. Alternative research also suggests that pineapple juice may be a good candidate for reducing obesity risk.
- Cucumbers are a fantastic vegetable to add to any weight loss juice, thanks to being extremely low in calories yet still highly nutritious. Adding cucumber to your pineapple juice is like adding nutrient boosted vitamin water into your drink.
- Cucumbers contain a significant amount of essential nutrients, predominantly magnesium, potassium, manganese, and vitamins C and K.
- Vitamin K is excellent for optimal bone health while having a sufficient amount of vitamin C has been shown to burn fat more efficiently leading to healthier weight management.
- Ginger not only adds a delicious hint of spice to this pineapple juice but the nutrients found in ginger have been shown to aid in maintaining healthier body weight.
- Research shows ginger helps to develop a healthy internal digestive system while also having appetite suppressing properties, resulting in less caloric intake and hopefully fewer calories stored on the waist.
- Mint is the icing on the cake in this pineapple juice for weight loss
- The phytochemicals contained in mint have the capability of working as a hunger suppressant, allowing you to control your appetite, resulting in better weight management.
- Mint has also been shown to help foster a healthy digestive system which can also healthy with healthy weight maintenance.
The main tool you will need for this recipe is a slow masticating juicer like the Tribest 5050 or the Omega Nc900 juicer. The cold temperature juicing, coupled with the high-pressure squeezing of the internal auger, provides the perfect setup for extracting the maximum amount of juice from your ginger and mint.
An alternative is to use a powerful personal blender with an output above 750w watts. This should be the minimum amount of power needed to break down the ginger and mint. A professional kitchen blender above 1000w like the Vitamix 750 would result in a smoother consistency, but for the recipe to be more like a juice and less like a smoothie, we recommend running the blended ingredients through a sieve before drinking.
Pineapple juice recipe for weight loss
- 1 Pineapple
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/4 cup Ginger
- 4 Mint leaves
- High powered blender
- Sieve or strainer
- Choose a ripe, fresh pineapple as the base of your pineapple weight loss juice. A pineapple's freshness can be determined by the smell, which should be pleasing to the nose with that "pineappley" freshness we all know and love. The leaves are another strong signal in picking the right pineapple. Bright green leaves are a strong signal of a fresh and ripe pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple skin. Two ways to do this. You can either leave the leaves on top as a way to hold on to the pineapple as you cut the skin around it. Alternatively, you can cut the whole top off and use your hand as a clamp to keep the pineapple firmly down as you slice.Vegan agility tip: Leave the base of the pineapple on as it prevents the pineapple from sliding when you peel the pineapple skin.
- Once the skin is off you can remove the "eye holes" if you so choose. We prefer to leave them on since this can be a time-consuming process.
- Remove the base of the pineapple and chop your pineapple into chunks small enough to fit into your juicers feed chute
- Chop your ginger and cucumber into chunks suitable enough to fit through your juicers feed chute.
- Wash your mint and prepare to juice.
- Start juicing: For best results, we recommend alternating between hard and soft ingredients. The harder ingredients like the ginger and pineapple will help the softer ingredients like the mint, cucumber, and cucumber skin, move through the juicer without any issues.
- If using a blender: Throw in all ingredients and blend until smooth. If your blender has a pulse function, make use of this feature to allow for a higher probability of breaking down the mint leaves.Sieve or strain ingredients after using a blender to keep just the juice without pulp or extra bits.
- Serve and enjoy your nutritious, low-calorie, pineapple weight loss juice!
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on your ingredients and tools.
Do you want more deliciously healthy vegan recipes?
Why not try out some of our alternative vegan juice recipes that use a blend of different fruits and vegetables to achieve a delicious yet healthy result. These recipes allow you to get a bit creative with your vegetable juicing while adding extra nutritional benefits that enhance the overall juice result.