Vegan Agility is community supported. Purchases made through links on our site may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Delicious Green Juice Recipe For Weight Loss
with detailed pineapple juicing guide
By: Vegan Agility Team Last updated: December 6, 2020
By now, everybody knows that leafy green vegetables are one of the best food groups in the world and should be a staple in all diets.
One of the wonderful benefits that not everyone is aware of is that leafy greens are magnificent for helping you lose excess weight so we put together this delicious green juice recipe for weight loss to help our readers reap all the benefits in a tasty easy to make juice.
The benefits are endless from having an abundance of essential minerals and vitamins that we would otherwise struggle to get from other food sources, through to helping you prevent major issues like cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure.
The best way we have found to take in a large amount of greens to reap all the wonderful benefits while never having to worry about bitter, grassy flavors is through a delicious tongue pleasing green juice. Juicing is an excellent way for vegans and non-vegans alike to lose weight while bringing nutritional balance back to your diet.
A critical aspect of making the perfect green juice for weight loss is low calories yet high mineral and vitamin content. So each of the ingredients in this green weight loss juice were chosen based on their beneficial nutritional properties that studies have shown can support healthy weight management.
Plus, the unique flavors of each food chosen complement each other when combined, which your tastebuds will definitely thank you for.
Ingredients and scientific benefits of our green juice recipe for weight loss
- Spinach is by far my favorite leafy green vegetable to juice, especially for a green juice with weight loss as the focus. The high nutrient yet extremely low-calorie content makes spinach the perfect base for a green juice that is easy on the waist.
- Leafy greens like spinach are also packed with essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, which research has shown can aid in burning calories more effectively which as a result makes it easier to reach healthier body weight goals.
- Apples are a magnificent fruit to add to a green juice recipe for weight loss since they are tasty and sweet yet low in calories. Apples provide your body with healthy fuel through its carbohydrate content without causing blood sugar spikes. This allows your energy to stay relatively stable and prevents those drops in energy that make you want to sleep after eating a carb-heavy meal. The high water content in apples is also excellent for keeping you hydrated, allowing your body to make better use of its energy stores.
- Cucumbers are a fabulous vegetable to add to any weight loss juice, thanks to being remarkably low in calories yet still deeply nutritious.
- The high water content is fantastic for stretching the juice size without and is a great alternative to using excess sugary fruits.
- Cucumbers contain a significant amount of essential nutrients, predominantly magnesium, potassium, manganese, and vitamins C and K.
- Vitamin K is excellent for optimal bone health while having a sufficient amount of vitamin C has been shown to help burn fat more effectively, resulting in healthier overall body weight.
- Mint adds an incredible freshness to this green juice recipe for weight loss and adds a gratifying aroma that makes it pleasing to drink. The nutrients in mint, particularly the phytochemicals, have been shown to help suppress hunger, which helps prevent over-eating while allowing for better calorie control. Research on mint has also shown benefits to your digestive health which helps with nutrient absorption and may help prevent bloating.
The main tool you will need for this recipe is a slow masticating juicer like the Omega NC900 or Aicok slow juicer. The cold temperature juicing, coupled with the high-pressure squeezing of the internal auger, provides the perfect setup for extracting the maximum amount of juice from your ginger and mint.
A fast juicer is not correctly set up for efficient juice extraction from uniquely shaped foods like mint ginger root and mint leaves.
An alternative is to use a powerful personal blender with an output above 750w watts like our favorite the NutriNinja Pro. This should be the minimum amount of power needed to break down the ginger and mint. A professional kitchen blender above 1200w like the Blendtec 725, would result in a smoother consistency and more versatility for future recipes. When using a blender for juice recipes, we always recommend running the blended ingredients through a sieve or strainer before drinking.
Green juice recipe for weight loss
Green juice recipe for weight loss
- 2 cups kale
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 mint leaves
- Slow masticating juicer
- Wash the kale thoroughly, making sure to get rid of any excess soil on the leaves
- Wash and slice your cucumber into sufficient size chunks. You can leave the skin on since it's packed with beneficial nutrients.
- Wash and slice your apples, removing the core and the seeds. You can also leave the skin on the apples since the skin is loaded with vitamins A, C, and K.
- Gradually juice your ingredients alternating between harder and softer ingredients, which will help push the kale through more easily.
- Prepare to serveIf a lot of froth has developed in the juicer jug, you can pass the juice through a sieve to remove it all
- Serve chilled and enjoy all the benefits that this delicious green juice has to offer.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on your ingredients and tools.
Want more tasty green juice recipes for your health journey?
Why not try out some of our alternative green juice recipes that use a blend of different fruits and vegetables to achieve a delicious yet healthy result. These recipes allow you to get a bit creative with your leafy green juicing while adding extra nutritional benefits that enhance the overall juice result.