Nutritious Celery Juice For Weight Loss
Packed with nutrients
By: Vegan Agility Team Last updated: December 6, 2020
With so much hype around celery juice, you have to wonder, is it all just marketing hype, or are the wonderous benefits of celery actually real?
Well, the answer is yes and no.
Celery juice is not a cure-all drink that will relieve you of every ailment under the sun, but celery juice does have a long list of very beneficial properties that research has shown can provide magnificent yet realistic benefits to your body.
One of the benefits of celery juice is its ability to aid in healthier weight management as some of us may know, a little bit of guidance can go a long way when trying to achieve your weight loss goals.
So to help you guys on this journey to being healthier and hopefully a little lighter 🙂 we have put together this wonderful celery juice recipe to get you off to a flying start.
Each of the ingredients in this recipe were chosen based on their beneficial nutrients that research has shown can help with burning off the calories.
Celery juice for weight loss ingredients and evidence-backed benefits
- Celery is most definitely one of the most popular vegetables to juice thanks to its high water content filled with vitamins minerals and antioxidants. The highly nutritious water content makes it the perfect base for a weight loss juice since its extremely low in calories.
- What makes celery stand out is its high electrolyte content. Studies have shown electrolytes can help with healing, overall muscle function, and aid in preventing dehydration.
- Staying fully hydrated has a high correlation to maintaining a healthy body weight, making celery perfect to juice for weight loss.
- When it comes to trying to manage weight and keep the unwanted fat away, apples are a great fruit to juice to help achieve these goals. Apples have a high water content yet are low calories, providing you with valuable nutrients like potassium, vitamin C, and fiber, without taking on a high caloric load.
- Apples, especially red apples, are high in beneficial flavonoids – especially quercetin, which studies have shown aids in weight loss by limiting the creation of new fat cells. This makes apples a fantastic fruit to combine with celery, boosting the benefits of this celery juice recipe.
- Mint adds a hint of freshness and unique flavor to this celery juice for weight loss.
- The phytochemicals contained within the mint have the capability of working as a hunger suppressant, allowing you to control your appetite, resulting in better weight management. Mint has also been shown to aid in optimal digestion leading to better bowel movements and more efficient weight management.
- Cucumbers are a fantastic vegetable to add to a celery juice for weight loss thanks to the high nutrient yet extremely low in calorie content.
- Cucumbers contain a significant amount of essential nutrients, predominantly magnesium, potassium, manganese, and vitamins C and K.
- Vitamin K is needed for supporting healthy bone maintenance while having a sufficient amount of vitamin C has been shown to burn fat more efficiently leading to healthier weight control.
Slow masticating juicer / Blender
Can I make this juice with a fast centrifugal juicer?
This celery juice will not work effectively in a centrifugal juicer since the blades will not be able to extract any nutrients from the tiny mint leaves. A slow masticating juicer is required for optimal juice extraction from leafy vegetables. We recommend the Tribest 5050 or the Aicok slow juicer.
Celery juice for weight loss
Celery juice recipe for weight loss
- 1 cup celery
- 1 apples
- 1/2 cucumber
- 4 mint leaves
How to make this celery weight loss juice in a juicer
- Wash the celery stalks and remove all leaves
- Cut the celery stalks into a small enough size that they can easily fit through your juicers feed chute but not so small that it takes forever to place all the pieces into the juicer
- Wash and slice your apples, removing the core and the seeds. Leave the skin on since it's loaded with beneficial nutrients.
- Wash and cut your cucumber into sufficient size chunks leaving the skin on.
- Feed the ingredients through your juicer. It's best to alternate between hard and soft ingredients, so the process would be cucumber > celery > apple > mint and repeat until you are finished.
- Serve and enjoy!It is best to drink your juice while it's fresh since nutrients will tend to degrade due to oxidation the longer they are left out.
How to make this celery weight loss juice in a blender
- Wash the celery, apple, and cucumber
- Cut the celery and cucumber into small enough pieces that they won't cause your blender to jam. Leave the skin on your cucumber
- Cut your apple into small chunks while ensuring to remove the core and seeds but leave the skin on.
- Place all ingredients in the blender making sure not to overfill the blender jug
- Add a small cup of water, enough to allow for an efficient blend but not so much that the juice becomes massively diluted.
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency
- Use a fine sieve or nut milk bag to strain the blended ingredients removing the pulp and any extra food bits. This may need to be done a few times to extract the most pulp.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious celery juice!It is best to drink your juice while its fresh since nutrients will tend to degrade due to oxidation the longer they are left out.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on your ingredients and tools.
Want more recipes for your health journey?
Why not try out some of our alternative celery juice recipes that use a blend of different fruits and vegetables to compliment the acquired taste of celery. These recipes allow you to get a bit creative with your celery juicing while adding extra nutritional benefits that enhance the overall juicing result.
- 2 Amazing celery juice cleanse recipes with HOW TO guide
- Incredible celery juice recipe for inflammation