Incredible Celery Juice For Inflammation
Anti-inflammatory juicing recipe
By: Vegan Agility Team Last updated: December 6, 2020
When people hear the word celery, for some it conjures up the image of a fantastic anti-inflammation superfood while others may curl up into a ball at the thought of having to taste celery again 🙂
So no doubt a celery juice for inflammation may have some very polarising opinions regarding flavor, but its nutritional benefits, on the other hand, can not be denied.
Celery is packed with a wide range of beneficial nutrients and has been shown to help support a healthy digestive system while being of the best anti-inflammatory plant foods to add to your diet.
With health issues linked to inflammation at an all-time high, we felt it beneficial to put together anti-inflammatory celery juice recipe that was delicious enough for all to enjoy without being frightened of the taste.
Each of the ingredients in this recipe were chosen based on their beneficial nutrient properties that studies have shown can help with reducing inflammation.
Ingredients and evidence-backed benefits
- One of the key aspects that makes celery an excellent plant food to juice for preventing inflammation is the high level of antioxidants. The antioxidants in celery have the potential to reduce oxidative damage and protect your body’s cells.
- Studies have shown that celery is more than just high in minerals and vitamins. It has many anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that make it one of the best plant foods to help prevent inflammation.
Lemon & orange
- Lemons are fantastic for their Vitamin C content, helping to strengthen your immune system response. The high vitamin C content has also been shown to limit the effects of the common cold. Tests done on extracted lemon juice pulp have also exhibited anti-inflammatory properties, which, when combined with the celery can help to boost the inflammation prevention effects of this juice.
- Turmeric is a fantastic spice that not many add to their juices but should. The popular superfood compound that many rave about comes from the turmeric root. Turmeric has been shown to help prevent heart disease and reduce the effects of Alzheimer’s.
- Plus, the curcumin compound contained within turmeric has been shown to help reduce inflammation, turning this celery juice recipe into an anti-inflammatory super drink! 🙂
This celery juice recipe works best with a cold-pressed slow juicer like the Omega nc900, but if you currently have no juicer, a high power blender like the Vitamix 750 can do a decent job with the help of a few additional steps.
Celery juice for inflammation recipe steps
Celery juice recipe for inflammation
- 2 cups celery
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Sieve or strainer
- Citrus juicer
How to make this celery anti-inflammation juice in a juicer
- Wash the celery stalks and remove all leaves
- Cut the celery stalks into a small enough size that they can easily fit through your juicers feed chute but not so small that it takes forever to place all the pieces into the juicer
- Juice your lemon and orange using a citrus juicer for optimal yield, or you can peel the lemon and orange skin and cut into segments to place into your slow juicer.
- Cut your turmeric root into chunks small enough to be juiced. Alternatively, you can use turmeric powder.
- Feed the ingredients through your juicer until complete
- Serve and enjoy!It is best to drink your juice while it's fresh since nutrients will tend to degrade due to oxidation the longer they are left out.
How to make this celery anti-inflammation juice in a blender
- Wash the celery stalks and remove all leaves
- Cut the celery and turmeric into small enough pieces that they won't cause your blender to jam. Leave the skin on your cucumber
- Peel your lemon and orange skin and separate into pieces.Alternatively, you can juice the required amount of lemon juice separately and throw it in the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place all ingredients in the blender making sure not to overfill the blender jug
- Add a small amount of water, enough to allow for an efficient blend, but not so much that the juice becomes massively diluted.
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency
- Use a fine sieve, strainer or nut milk bag to filter the blended ingredients removing the pulp and any extra food bits. This may need to be done a few times for the smoothest results.
- Serve and enjoy this anti-inflammatory celery juice!It is best to drink your juice while it's fresh since nutrients will tend to degrade due to oxidation the longer they are left out.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on your ingredients and tools.
Why not try out some of our alternative celery juice recipes that use a blend of different fruits and vegetables to compliment the acquired taste of celery. These recipes allow you to get a bit creative with your celery juicing while adding extra nutritional benefits that enhance the overall juicing result.