Beet Juice Recipe For Energy
with detailed Beet juicing guide
By: Vegan Agility Team Last updated: December 6, 2020
Does your energy tend to run out halfway through the day with the sounds of your bed calling you back home being heard in the distance?
Juicing, especially using a beet juice recipe for energy may be a great way to help bring balance back to your energy.
Admittedly, in this day and age, where the world is in a constant rush and your time and attention are being zapped from every angle, it can be hard to stay on top of your body’s energy requirements.
This tends to lead to unhealthy food cravings, brain fog and messed up sleep patterns as your body tries to do the best it can with the resources it has at its disposal.
Fortunately, there are quite a few practical ways to get your energy back on track bringing your body back to a healthier equilibrium.
One of the best approaches I have found is to adjust eating habits, phasing out foods with empty calories, and incorporating a boatload of fruits and vegetables through juicing.
This allows you to get a comprehensive range of essential minerals and vitamins into your diet to boost your energy in a healthy and sustainable way.
One of the best vegetables to juice to get your energy maintenance back on track are beets, so we have put together this simple beet juice recipe for energy based on nutrient research that may help to boost your energy levels without causing that dreaded midday sugar crash.
Beetroot juice recipe for energy ingredients and evidence-backed benefits
- Studies have shown that beetroot juice has the potential to increase stamina by making your muscles use energy more efficiently. This is all thanks to the high nitrate content in beetroot that reduces oxygen uptake leading to better use of energy and more optimal physical output.
- Apples are a magnificent fruit to add to any juice to energy-boosting capabilities. Apples provide your body with healthy fuel through its carbohydrate content without causing blood sugar spikes. This allows your energy to stay relatively stable and prevents those drops in energy that make you want to sleep after eating a carb-heavy meal. The high water content in apples is also excellent for keeping you hydrated, allowing your body to make better use of its energy stores.
- Carrots are a highly nutritious way to add more beneficial nutrients to this beetroot energy juice while also adding some vibrant color to the drink.
- Carrots contain a sufficient amount of Vitamin A and vitamin C, which are great for eyesight and immune system health, but what makes carrots stand out in an energy juice is their vitamin B6 content.
- Vitamin b6 plays a key role in the conversion of food into energy which is excellent for efficient energy usage, and carrots provide up to 10% of your daily b6 needs with every 1 cup serving.
- Kale is not only one of the most nutrient-dense foods found on any diet, but it’s also a fantastic leafy green to juice for increased and more efficient energy. What makes kale excellent in an energy juice is the high level of antioxidants, especially quercetin. Quercetin has many anti-inflammatory properties but also has a high potential to support more efficient energy expenditure and increase stamina.
Slow masticating juicer
Since this juice combines kale and spinach with fruit, you will need a juicer that can squeeze out the goodness from delicate leaves without destroying the nutrients. The best juicer for leafy greens with beets is a slow masticating juicer like the Omega nc900 since it can extract the nutrients from greens without causing a breakdown of nutrients through oxidation.
Fast centrifugal juicers are not recommended since they struggle with leafy greens, especially spinach. The fast-spinning blades in centrifugal juicers waste a lot of produce, and can also cause unwanted nutrient breakdown due to oxidation and high temperatures exerted from the motor when rotating.
Beet juice recipe for energy details
Beetroot juice recipe for energy
- 2 beets
- 1 apple you can add a bit more apple if you like your juices sweeter
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup kale
- Slow masticating juicer
- Thoroughly wash your beets and carrots. They do not need to be peeled, but it is recommended to scrub them with a food brush to remove the outermost layer.
- Cut the ends off of your beetroot and carrots and slice into pieces sufficient enough to fit through your juicers feed chute.
- Wash and slice your apples, removing the core and the seeds. Leave the skin on since it's loaded with beneficial nutrients.
- Wash your kale and chop down to a size sufficient for your juicers feed chute.
- Prepare your juicer, ensuring all safety clamps are down, and the juicer is secure to your kitchen surface.
- Begin juicingGradually juice all ingredients alternating between fibrous vegetable or fruit and leafy green. The alternation helps with pushing the kale through the juicer.
- Serve and drink while fresh!
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on your ingredients and tools.
Why not try out some of our alternative beet juice recipes that use a blend of different fruits and vegetables to compliment the unique flavor of beets. These recipes allow you to get a bit creative with your beet juicing while adding extra nutritional benefits that enhance the overall juice result.